Sewing a Cake bag
You will need:
Cotton + oilcloth / coated cotton fabric each 70 x 40 cm
Cotton for handles: 2 x 30 x 8 cm
OUR FABRIC RECOMMENDATION
For the cake bag, we recommend woven fabrics with a little stand. Cotton, linen, canvas, but also waxed cotton would be the perfect choice.
We have sewn our cake bag using the beautiful semi-Panama fabric Art.No .: 134097.
These enchanting decorative fabrics with a surprisingly soft feel are 80% cotton and 20% polyester.
That makes them hard-wearing, long-lasting yet soft to touch. Half Panama is ideal for pillows, curtains, bags, table runners and tablecloths. Simple designs with maximum effect, loving children’s designs, country house patterns or Scandinavian-inspired prints – there is something for every taste.
Are you a fabric dealer? Just have a look at our online shop and let yourself be enchanted by this wonderful series of fabrics.
- Cut the pieces of fabric according to the dimensions given.
- To sew the handles, first fold the two long sides to the middle and press. Then fold again right sides together and give a final press.
- Sew the handles together along both long edges using an edge stitch.
- Place the two pieces of fabric for the bag right sides together and pin the handles 10 cm from the outer edges between the layers of fabric at opposite ends along the shortest edge.
- Sew the bag together all the way around being careful to leave an opening free on one long side to turn the bag to the correct side. To ensure that the handles are sewn in well, sew back and forth a few times.
- Trim seam allowances and cut off the corners at an angle. Then turn the bag through the opening to the correct side.
- Iron seam allowence from the opening inwards. Fold in the short sides of the bag ( with the handles ) on the right and left by approx. 16 cm and sew using an edge stitch, making sure your also closing the opening.